Saturday 12 September 2015

Autumn

As many of my family and friends know, I'm a sucker for Autumn.

When the sunlight dapples through a canopy of burnt trees and there is a crisp chill in the air I feel at peace.


Autumn brings with it a calmness and a sense of reflection of the abundance of summer memories made and that's what makes it extra special.

It makes me smile when I see people bundled up in layers of woollen garments cheerfully bound through a blanket of leaves. The smell of bonfires wafts through the air, which nips at the nose and makes those warm fruit crumbles even more rewarding.


Autumn also holds many precious memories for me. When I was little, myself, my siblings and my Grandma would often go "hunting" for conkers! It would always be extremely exciting as we scoured the ground for the small shiny treasures and then squeals of delight would be heard when we hit a gold mine and we would then frantically gather the finds into our treasure chests (otherwise known as plastic bags!)


The return to school is also a perk of Autumn. Many loathe this occasion but I love seeing my friends after the long vacation and hearing of everyone's adventures whilst they have been away.



Even when the pitter-patter of rain can be heard, my love for Autumn is not dampened.

Which is your favourite season? Let me know in the comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment